Duration: - 2 Years (4 Sem)
Eligibility criteria: All those candidates who have passed 10+2 having Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects from a recognized institute with aggregate score 50% for general category (45%for SC/ST/OBCcandidates)
Career Prospectus & Job Opportunities : : Optometrists are highly in demand because they can practice in their own with other eye care professionals or can get engaged in research or teaching. The p
- Correction of refractive errors of the eye and prescription of glasses.
- Designing and fitting of contact lenses, prosthetic eye s and low visionaids.
- Evaluation of the health status of the eye and referring patients to ophthalmologists atthe right stage.
- Detection of ocular related diseases like Cataract, Glaucoma, DiabeticRetinopathy etc
- Diagnosis and treatment of ocular malfunction.
- Practice Public Health Optometry in schools, colleges, slums, andrural area.
- Practice Occupational Optometry in industries.
- Conduct Optometric counselling for patients with patient sight, colourblindness, hereditary visiondefects anddisease etc.
- Conduct vision rehabilitation and follow-up work of discharged patients.