Diploma In Nursing Care Assistant Colleges In Kerala– Kerala, known as the “God’s Own Country,” is renowned for its picturesque beauty and exceptional healthcare system. The state boasts a robust nursing education system that caters to the increasing demand for healthcare professionals globally. Nursing care assistant courses are one such program that offers quality education and skills to individuals aspiring to work in the healthcare sector. In this blog, we will provide a comprehensive guide to Diploma In Nursing Care Assistant Colleges In Kerala.
A diploma in nursing care assistant (NCA) is a vocational training program that offers practical and theoretical knowledge to individuals who aspire to work as nursing assistants in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. This program covers topics such as anatomy, physiology, infection control, patient care, communication skills, and ethics. The curriculum is designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide basic care to patients, monitor their vital signs, and assist nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Top Diploma In Nursing Care Assistant Colleges In Kerala
Kerala has several colleges and institutes that offer diploma in nursing care assistant courses. Here are some of the top colleges:
Dolphin PG College, Chandigarh
One of the most renowned College to pursue Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant in India is Dolphin PG College. We have the best infrastructure facilities and built in labs for helping students grasp their course knowledge in a faster and more interesting way. We have hired the best staff for providing our students with the best learning experience.
We provide the best extra-curricular activities, and our hostel services are open for all the students coming from other states as well as countries. If you are looking forward to joining this course contact us now!
Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) is a renowned university that offers diploma in nursing care assistant courses. The university has state-of-the-art facilities, experienced faculty, and a robust curriculum that prepares students for a career in the healthcare sector.
Government Medical College, Kottayam
Government Medical College, Kottayam, is a reputed college that offers a diploma in nursing care assistant program. The college has experienced faculty and excellent infrastructure that provides students with hands-on experience and practical training.
Institute of Nursing Education, Kozhikod
Institute of Nursing Education is a leading institute that offers a diploma in nursing care assistant program. The institute has a well-designed curriculum that covers various aspects of nursing care, including patient care, communication skills, and infection control.
Holy Cross Institute of Management and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
Holy Cross Institute of Management and Technology is a renowned institute that offers a diploma in nursing care assistant program. The institute has experienced faculty and excellent facilities that provide students with quality education and practical training.
To pursue a diploma in nursing care assistant in Kerala, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have completed their 10th standard or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 40% marks in their 10th standard.
- Candidates must be between the age of 17 and 35 years.
- Candidates must be physically fit and mentally stable.
Duration of the Course
The duration of the diploma in nursing care assistant course in Kerala is generally 1 year. The program comprises both theory and practical sessions that cover various topics related to patient care and nursing.
The curriculum of the diploma in nursing care assistant course in Kerala covers the following topics:
- Anatomy and Physiology: This course covers the structure and function of the human body, including the skeletal system, muscular system, respiratory system, and circulatory system.
- Fundamentals of Nursing: This course covers the basics of patient care, including hygiene, nutrition, mobility, and infection control.
- Communication Skills: This course covers various aspects of communication, including verbal and nonverbal communication, active listening, and effective communication strategies.
- Medical Terminology: This course covers the basic medical terminology used in healthcare settings, including abbreviations, acronyms, and medical jargon.
- harmacology: This course covers the basics of medication administration, including dosage calculations, drug interactions, and adverse reactions.
- Clinical Nursing Skills: This course covers the practical skills needed to provide basic nursing care, including vital sign measurement, medication administration, wound care, and catheterization.
- Ethics and Professionalism: This course covers the ethical and legal responsibilities of healthcare professionals, including confidentiality, informed consent, and patient rights.
Graduates of the diploma in nursing care assistant course in Kerala have several career opportunities in the healthcare sector. Some of the common job roles include:
- Nursing Assistant: Nursing assistants work under the supervision of registered nurses and provide basic care to patients, including bathing, dressing, and feeding.
- Home Health Aide: Home health aides provide care to patients in their homes, including meal preparation, medication management, and assistance with daily living activities.
- Personal Care Aide: Personal care aides provide care to individuals with disabilities, including assistance with mobility, personal hygiene, and medication management.
- Patient Care Technician: Patient care technicians work in hospitals and clinics and provide basic care to patients, including vital sign measurement, medication administration, and wound care.
- Medical Assistant: Medical assistants work in clinics and hospitals and provide administrative and clinical support to healthcare professionals.
A diploma in nursing care assistant is an excellent program for individuals who aspire to work in the healthcare sector. Kerala has several colleges and institutes that offer this program, with experienced faculty and well-equipped facilities that provide students with quality education and practical training. Graduates of this program have several career opportunities in the healthcare sector, including nursing assistant, home health aide, and patient care technician. Overall, a diploma in nursing care assistant is an excellent investment for individuals who want to make a positive impact on people’s lives and contribute to the healthcare sector.