Top MLT College in Dehradun– Medical Laboratory Technology is the branch of science that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of health problems via clinical laboratory tests by analyzing body fluids like urine, cells, tissues, and blood. The Medical Laboratory Technologists perform tasks like the preparation of human tissue slides or other specimens using laboratory equipment.
MLT is a two-year-long course that teaches about human physiology, human anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, microbiology, immunology, serology, and bio-medical waste management.
Eligibility Criteria of undergrad and postgrad Medical Laboratory Technology course
Candidates can apply for a BSc or a program in medical laboratory technology at the undergraduate level if:
- They successfully passed the class 12 board exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their core subjects (Mathematics is mandatory for Medical Laboratory Technology courses).
- They passed the qualifying exam with an overall score of at least 50 to 60 percent (the cutoff may vary from institute to institute)
Candidates who qualify for postgraduate study in MSc in Medical Laboratory Technology must possess the following qualifications:
- Completed a B.Sc. in medical laboratory technology, microbiology, or a related science degree.
- Obtained a score in the qualifying exam of more than 55%
Following are the requirements for post-graduate study in medical laboratory technology:
- Students must hold a BMLT, BPT, or BOT degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Simply passing is the minimum percentage requirement; students with higher marks, however, have a better chance of being accepted at the institute of their choice.
Scope of Medical Laboratory Technology in India and Abroad
A lab technologist’s role is extremely important to many other medical and surgical departments. Doctors must conduct appropriate tests to investigate and make a diagnosis. The outcomes of these tests assist them in making treatment decisions and in making suggestions for preventive measures. A laboratory technician is responsible for performing these tests.
This line of work is extremely difficult and demanding in terms of responsibility and skill. Consequently, a career in medical laboratory technology can be both challenging and dynamic, allowing you to improve the lives of others while doing so.
Subjects taught under this course include knowledge on human psychology and anatomy, management of biomedical wastes, and other related topics. Some of the most important subjects taught under the Medical Laboratory Technology course include-
- Health Education and Health Communication
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- PC Software Lab
- Histopathology and Histotechniques
- Clinical Haematology
- Immunohematology and Blood Banking
- Parasitology and Virology
- Clinical Enzymology
- Diagnostic Cytology
- Clinical Enzymology and Automation
- Bio-Medical Waste Management
- Communication Lab
- Immunology and Serology
- Principles of Lab Management and Medical Ethics
- Diagnostic Molecular Biology
- Advanced Diagnostic Techniques
- Clinical Endocrinology and Toxicology
Careers in Medical Laboratory Technology
Candidates with a degree in medical laboratory technology can choose from a range of career options. In India, there is a high demand for medical laboratory technicians or technologists, which can support a wide range of applications and specializations. In the upcoming years, this demand is anticipated to increase significantly.
Fresh graduates of a BSc Medical Laboratory Technology program can find plenty of openings in both government-owned and private industries.
- Candidates may find work as X-ray technicians, MRI technicians, pathology lab technicians, blood bank technicians, or in nursing homes.
- Professionals with a few years of experience also have the option of working for themselves, which can pay very well.
Medical lab technology specialists typically work in specialized fields like immunology, microbiology, hematology, clinical chemistry, and blood banking.
Top MLT College in Dehradun- Dolphin PG College, Chandigarh
The name that comes to the top of our minds when we think about the best college for MLT courses is Dolphin PG College. Dolphin PG College was established in 2006 for providing agriculture and life sciences study to students all over India. We are one of the best colleges in our field and have been felicitated by the government for our exceptional performance.
The labs are fully equipped with all the facilities and equipment required for the courses taught at our institute to make sure all the students get the opportunity to apply their knowledge practically.
Why choose Dolphin PG College, Chandigarh?
We are a well-established educational institution. We have the most intelligent and experienced staff for teaching our students in the most efficient manner.
- We provide separate hostel facilities for boys and girls coming from all over India.
- We have a 100 percent placement rate
- The fee structure is also highly affordable for all sections of society.
By choosing Dolphin PG College, Chandigarh you are choosing the best educational experience, so invest your precious money in the MLT course and get the best results. All the best with your future.